Monday, April 5, 2010

Monte Carlo Night at Paddock Bowl

The Blockheads minus Olivia rode out to Paddock Bowl Saturday for another night of Monte Carlo bowling. Olivia wasn't able to join us this time because she had relatives visiting for Easter. Though Olivia was absent we have a group of six from the office. The Coach and I were joined by Sharon and first-timers Cleo, Aline, and Jeff. Brandon was along for the ride but because of his recent knee surgery, he was limited to spectating and helping us with the automatic scorekeeper.

There was a pretty big crowd at Paddock Bowl. It may have been the best attended Monte Carlo event we've seen so far. The poker game was back on after a two week absence. (For every strike or spare, a card is drawn from a central deck and at the end of the game, the best poker hand wins the pot).

Everyone in our group won at least a little money. It was a good night for me but it could have been a lot better. I nailed a $10.00 shot, won the second poker hand for $22.00 and hit a few small money shots. Unfortunately, when my name was drawn for the dollar pot worth $169.00, I choked. I didn't even hit the head pin!

Sharon scored a $25.00 shot for one of the drawings. The hard luck bowler was Cleo whose money shots were pretty close to nil. I think our newcomers had a good time and I except they'll be back to play again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment