Sunday, June 3, 2012

MONTE CARLO AT BEL MATEO BOWL

The front entrance to Bel Mateo Bowl
I stopped at Bel Mateo Bowl on my way home from Palo Alto on Saturday night and found they have a Monte Carlo tournament next Saturday night (June 9th) at 6:30. It's a different kind of Monte Carlo event than I've seen elsewhere. It's a regular three-game singles handicap tournament (90% of 220) but with the colored pin money shots mixed into tournament play. Here's the tournament flier with the money shots on the second page.

24 brand new lanes and monitors
I think this looks like fun and it would put an intriguing twist on Monte Carlo bowling. There are some potential hangups, though. First, for everyone but me, it's a pretty long ride to the southern end of San Mateo. Bel Mateo bowl is near the Belmont-San Mateo border. (Bel Mateo - get it?) Second, there's the Cal Bowlers Tour handicap doubles tournament at Diablo Valley Bowl next weekend. We could do both -- bowl Monte Carlo in San Mateo on Saturday and bowl doubles in Concord on Sunday.

What do you think about it?

3 comments:

  1. HEY TROOPS THIS SOUNDS GREAT. I WILL DEFINITELY LET EVERYBODY KNOW ON WEDNESDAY MORNING MY STATUS ON DOING BOTH. RIGHT NOW SUN IS GOOD FOR ME FOR SURE. I HAVE TO VERIFY A FEW THINGS FOR SAT EVENING. I'M IN FOR DIABLO ON SUNDAY. I WILL CHECK BACK WED FOR SURE. SAN MATEO IS NOT FAR FOR ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY KNEES FEEL REAL GOOD, MY ARM IS LITTLE SORE FROM BOWLING SUNDAY. I THINK I WAS MUSCLING THE BALL AND THROWING HARDER ON THE SPORTS CONDITION LANES. OTHER THAN FEEL PRETTY GOOD. NICE OUTING SUNDAY NIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well on the sport condition, last night, Coach. A lot better than i did on my first night. Olivia did well, too. She had her new Critical Theory blasting into the pocket.

    ReplyDelete