Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LVT SINGLES & DOUBLES EVENTS

It's time we get serious about picking our dates to bowl in the singles and doubles events for the LVT. Some of the squad times have filled up.

Don't forget that one can't enter just one event without also entering the other. It's a six-game event. An entry in the Singles-Doubles event will require that one first bowl three games for the singles event followed by three games in the doubles event.

For instance, if The Coach and I decide to bowl Saturday morning at 9:00, the first three game series we bowl will count for us individually in the singles competition. The second three game series we bowl will count for us as a doubles team.

The scores Coach and I register in this Singles-Doubles event would also count for us in the "All Events" competition we paid the extra $6.00 to enter. This combines one's three-game series from singles, one's three-game series from doubles, plus one's three-game series from the team event for a total nine-game series score covering the entire tournament.

Keep in mind that if you bowl in multiple singles and doubles events, it's the scores in the first one you bowl that count for your "All Events" series. So if Olivia and I bowled Singles-Doubles the weekend after I bowled with The Coach, my scores bowled with Olivia would not count for the All Events series because it's not my first one. Olivia's scores would count because it's her first Singles-Doubles event.

Also keep in mind, it will cost $56.00 for each Single-Doubles event one enters. It's $28.00 for singles and $28.00 for doubles.

The squad time for Saturday is 9:00 AM. The squad times for Sunday are 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 3:00 PM. Here are the dates and times still open:

DATE         DAY         TIME
January 12   Saturday    9:00 AM
January 13   Sunday      9:00 AM
January 13   Sunday      3:00 PM

January 20   Sunday      9:00 AM
January 20   Sunday     12:00 PM
January 20   Sunday      3:00 PM

January 26   Saturday    9:00 AM
January 27   Sunday      9:00 AM
January 27   Sunday     12:00 PM
January 27   Sunday      3:00 PM

February 3   Sunday      9:00 AM
February 3   Sunday     12:00 PM
February 3   Sunday      3:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. I am free to bowl Saturdays and Sundays in January. I'm not yet sure about my schedule for February 3rd. My Dad's 82nd birthday is on the 5th so I may have family obligations that day (which is also Super Bowl Sunday).

    Peter can't bowl this weekend (January 12-13). I will pair up with him for the squad time of his choosing on January 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN BOWL ALL SUNDAYS IN JANUARY. 9:00 OR 3:00. JUST LET ME KNOW BY FRIDAY SO I CAN GET MY KNEES READY.

    COACH

    ReplyDelete
  3. noon works for me
    maybe we can get there early so we can roll a practice game first

    ReplyDelete