Wednesday, March 13, 2013

CBT DOUBLES TOURNAMENT AT PADDOCK BOWL

Are we up for a tournament this weekend? California Bowlers Tour (CBT) is holding another handicap doubles tournament with crossover. This one will be at Paddock Bowl in Pacheco.

The entry fee is $25.00 for the first entry and $17.00 for each crossover because the lineage is paid only once. If all four of us double up in every combination, it will cost us $59.00 each. For instance, if Coach and I enter it's $25.00. Sharon and Olivia also enter for $25.00. Beyond the $25.00 I pay to bowl with Coach, I pay $17.00 to have my series cross over to Sharon's series and another $17.00 for crossing over to Olivia's series. It works the same way for each of us.

If we choose to enter, the next question is, when do we want to bowl? Olivia and I are bowling in the Luck O' The Irish doubles tournament at Bel Mateo Bowl Saturday night. We have to be there by 5:30 PM. If we bowl at Paddock Bowl on Saturday, it would have to be at noon. That would allow us to reach Bel Mateo on time. If we have overtime, we'd be at the office until 1:00. That would eliminate bowling at Paddock Bowl on Saturday. If there's no OT, do we want to bowl Saturday at noon? If we bowl on Sunday, do we bowl at noon or 2:00?

 

9 comments:

  1. I added a poll to the right where you can state your preferences. Multiple answers are allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST VOTED ON THE POLL FOR THE TOURNAMENT AT PADDOCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Coach. If we're not working OT, I have no objection to bowling on Saturday at noon before heading over to Bel Mateo. If we are working Saturday, then Sunday would be my only option. Either time on Sunday is okay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the office is going to be open for overtime Saturday. This would limit our bowling in the CBT Doubles to Sunday if any of us are working Saturday. Thus far, only Coach and I have expressed any interest in this tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're bowling at 2:00 on Sunday. We should arrive by 1:30 to check in and pay. I recommend 1:00 so there's ample time to check in, visit the snack bar or restroom, and set up before it's time to bowl. The only paperwork we have is to sign up for the crossover part. At Paddock, the tournament check-ins are usaully done in the room right by the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt I will make it
    my knee is giving me some trouble :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a challenge and all of us expected to score higher than we did. I don't know what the oil pattern was but it was tough. Definitely not the typical house shot we see at Paddock on Monte Carlo night. We couldn't avoid the heavy oil by playing outside the fifth board. Unless one was a high-rev cranker, swinging it out wide would leave one short of the headpin. It was difficult to strike so it put a premium on spare shooting.

    After struggling to strike through the first few frames, I found some success by putting the ball down early (no loft) and straight down the ten board. When I did that, I got just enough hook for a solid pocket hit. I scored 186-203-188 (577) and I am more satisfied with that than I have been some much higher scores.

    While the conditions made it difficult for us to score well, I think the experience was good for us. We're going to encounter extremely heavy oil conditions in some of the tournaments we enter and the more experience we have with them, the better off we'll be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One other thing to add -- I think bowling in the sport league last summer helped me immensely. If you want to gain experience bowling under tough conditions, I urge you to bowl in a sport league.

      Delete