Monday, March 18, 2013

GOING BACK TO DIABLO VALLEY BOWL

It's rare that we go for over a week without bowling at Diablo Valley Bowl but that's where we stand now. We last bowled there March 9th (except for The Coach who bowled there on the 11th). Since then, I have bowled on slightly heavier oil at Castro Village, Olivia and I have bowled on light oil at Bel Mateo, and Sharon has bowled twice at Stars (I don't know the conditions there). Of course, all of us bowled in the oil slick at Paddock Bowl yesterday.

The pattern on the right resembles the house shot at Diablo Valley Bowl.
I suspect we played the pattern on the left (or something like it) yesterday.
I highly recommend that we reacquaint ourselves with the conditions at Diablo before we start bowling games that count. A small number of warm-up shots during our shadow bowling tonight may not be enough to shake yesterday from our heads. It took a Herculean effort to hook the ball just a few boards in the CBT Doubles yesterday. If we don't readjust to Diablo's house shot, we'll be on the left side of the lane all night. I plan to arrive by 5:45 and I'll get a lane to roll some extra shots. I hope to see you there.




No comments:

Post a Comment