Wednesday, November 21, 2012

SPARE SHOOTING GAME

The "Jolly Wally" bank
Last season we talked about implementing a game within the game on league bowling nights to make us focus more on our spare shooting. We kicked around a few ideas but we never got around to adopting any of them. The game involved a small fine for missing single-pin spares. The money we collect would be applied to team-oriented costs such as tournament entry fees or bowling shirts.

Make your spare or pay!
As I recall, the cost was going to be 10 cents for missing a 7 or 10 pin, 25 cents for missing a 4 or 6 pin, 50 cents for missing a 2, 3, 8, or 9 pin, and one dollar for missing a 1 or 5 pin. Are the money amounts too high? Should it be 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, and 50 cents? Or should all single-pin spares have the same cost such as a dime or a quarter?

Will this help us convert more of our single-pin spares? Perhaps. I have no objection to doing this and I have a bowling pin coin bank in which we can put the money. I set up a poll in the right margin. Cast your vote by 3:00 PM on Monday afternoon. All it takes is one vote of "No" and we won't do it. If we get four "Yes" votes, we'll go with the one that gets the most votes.

2 comments:

  1. I reset the poll. Can we please get four votes on this? It's not that difficult to do. Click on the dot for the one you like then click on the "Vote" button. I've set it up twice in the past month and both times, Coach and I were the only ones to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got only three votes so I have to assume the answer is no.

    ReplyDelete