Thursday, December 13, 2012

48TH ANNUAL LIVERMORE VALLEY TOURNAMENT

I've mentioned the Livermore Valley Tournament (LVT) a few times and it sounded like this is an event we want to bowl in. It takes place at Granada Bowl in Livermore and they have singles, doubles, and team events in which we can participate. The LVT started last week and it's running on weekends through February 3rd. Besides the link above, the tournament flier has been posted on our own TOURNAMENTS page.

I'd like to bowl in all of the events and we shouldn't wait too much longer to start working out a schedule. I can't bowl in it this weekend but I should be available on just about any of the following weekends through the end of the tournament.

There's one hitch I just noticed and that is the team event is for teams with five bowlers. If we're going to participate in the team event, we need to recruit a fifth Blockhead. Any suggestions? Peter Vanderbout might be willing to do it if we choose a date he's available. His book average is 153 but he's been bowling better than that this season.

Please take a look at the tournament schedule and let us know ASAP any dates you are not available to bowl. Perhaps we can sit down after our league sweeper on Monday night to pick our dates to bowl.

9 comments:

  1. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. PETER IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN US IN LIVERMORE.

    YES AFTER MONDAY NITE BOWLING LETS GET A SCHEDULE DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless anyone has another bowler in mind, we can ask Peter on Monday or I can ask him at Pot O Gold in Dublin on Saturday.

      While on that subject, who wants to bowl Pot O Gold? The jackpots are getting high again.

      Delete
  2. I would like to talk about this with ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am going to the pot of gold with ya mark!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there at 6:00ish
      reserve our spots

      Delete
    2. I turned in our entry form. I applied for Saturday, December 29th at 1:00 PM. In the event that squad is filled, I listed an alternate date of Sunday, December 30th at 12:00 PM. The team entry fee is $140.00 or $28.00 apiece.

      Delete
    3. Now we need to figure out if and when we want to bowl in the singles and doubles events. If you enter in singles, you must also enter in doubles. The singles and doubles events are six games. (The team events are only three games.)

      I'm open to bowling doubles with each of you. I just need to know when you want to bowl. On Saturdays, the starting time for singles and doubles is 9:00 AM. On Sundays is 9:00, 12:00, and 3:00. Let me know if you want to bowl singles and doubles.

      Ideally, we would all bowl the singles event together. It's a six gamer so if we're going to bowl Monte Carlo or Pot O Gold on Saturday night, we should probably bowl our singles and doubles on a Sunday.

      Delete
  4. Peter suggested that since we're going to be out that way, after we bowl in the LVT in Livermore on Saturday afternoon, we stop at Dublin Bowl to bowl in their Pot 'O' Gold game at 6:30. We could stop for a bite to eat somewhere in between. I'd like to do both.

    ReplyDelete