Thursday, December 6, 2012

MONTE CARLO

Pot 'O' Gold at Dublin Bowl
Last Saturday night's Monte Carlo event at Clayton Valley Bowl was a lot of fun. I'd like to do it again but Clayton Valley hosts it only on the first Saturday of each month (except for their special New Year's Eve Monte Carlo).


Monte Carlo at Paddock Bowl
Our choices for this weekend are Paddock Bowl and Earl Anthony's Dublin Bowl. Both places have their strong and weak points. Paddock Bowl is a shorter trip for most of us and Kate livens things up with extra contests and prizes. But on some nights the game has almost been called off for lack of bowlers.

Dublin is a longer trip (for everyone but me) but there are lots of bowlers and lots of action with higher prize money. But with a lot of extra contests, it takes longer to play. If one doesn't want to be out too late, Paddock's game is probably the better option. If one seeks a bigger prize potential and doesn't mind a longer ride, Dublin is probably the better choice.

Monte Carlo at Danville Bowl
Peter, Brett, and I have decided to try Pot 'O' Gold in Dublin Saturday night. Who else is in?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun
    I will check with Brett about Dublin

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we're going to bowl at Dublin, I'll need to know exactly who is going to bowl so I can make a reservation. They often have a waiting list for those who don't sign up in advance. There's usually about twenty lanes of bowlers with four per lane for Pot 'O' Gold. That's why the prize money is so high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. count me and brett in
    thanks

    peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. how early do we need to be there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bowling begins at 6:30 so I recommend arriving by 6:00 to check in and buy your tickets for the strike jackpots. So far there's three of us in. Olivia said she might be able to make it. No answer yet from Sharon or The Coach.

    I'll make a reservation. If you don't see me when you get there, go to the counter and tell them you're bowling with me. You pay there and get the lane assignment.The cost is $18.00 for the three games. You can also buy into the optional strike and high scratch game jackpots.

    You can't buy an unlimited number of tickets. Tickets for both jackpots are sold in groups of three for a total of $3.00 ($1.00 per game). Thus, the most you can spend is $6.00 -- $3.00 for the strike jackpot and $3.00 for the high scratch game pot. I've passed on the high game pot in the past but I've been scoring high lately so I think I'll give it a try this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Info
    see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pot 'O' Gold was a good bit of fun. Only Peter and I turned up. We bowled well and hit a few small money shots but didn't win any of the big jackpots. Actually, nobody did. The lowest of the three jackpots, which was worth $340 or so, had only 10% of its value won but that was it. Everything else went unclaimed and will roll over to next week's game. I think a return trip next weekend would be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had lots of fun and look forward to next weekend if it works out for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete