Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monte Carlo Night - Part II

We had a group of four at Paddock Bowl for their Saturday night Monte Carlo game. The Coach couldn't make it but Olivia and I were joined by Sharon Connally and Leretha Farley. My daughter, Shannon, tagged along to sample the shrimp tempura special at the cafe and grab any money I won. I covered the format of the Monte Carlo games in an earlier post which you can find here.

Our big winner for the evening was Sharon. She won the first poker game which was worth $17.00. Then she had the best hand again in the second game to claim $19.00 more! Sharon added to those winnings by nailing a few money shots. Here she is flashing the cash she won. (Click on the image to enlarge.)

The money shots weren't as numerous as when Olivia and I played two weeks ago. I hit plenty of strikes as I scored over 200 in two of the three games. However, only four $1.00 shots came up for me. I hit three of them and two spares worth 50 cents apiece for winnings of $4.00. Leretha hit strikes worth $2.00 and $3.00 in addition to some money spares so she pulled in at least $6.00. I don't recall seeing Olivia get many money opportunities (she had several two weeks ago). Sharon didn't have many come up either but with her $36.00 winnings from the poker game, I doubt she was too disappointed.

We finished our three games sometime around 9:30 and all agreed it was a most enjoyable evening of bowling for dollars. In Sharon's case, the net outcome was Paddock Bowl paying her about $25.00 to bowl three games. We're looking forward to doing it again in two weeks when Paddock Bowl hosts their next Monte Carlo night.

No comments:

Post a Comment