Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's With The Headphones?

Several of the men in this league seem more interested in listening to their music than bowling. In my opinion, putting plugs in their ears and tuning the rest of us out makes them appear aloof and rude. They may be real good guys but how would we know? When we try to talk to them, they can't hear us.

That's not my idea of how recreational sports should be played. For me, a big part of the experience is enjoying a shared interest in the game with others. Separating yourself from others with a personal music player and headphones ruins it. I'm not sure I'd be interested in bowling in this league again next year if that's the way it's going to be. If you don't want me to talk with you, why would I want to bowl with you?

1 comment:

  1. After bowling against Incognito, I think I understand the need for headphones. It was a nightmare with all the women babbling on about shoes, hair, restaurants, etc. -- everything except bowling. They even dragged Olivia into it.

    It drives me crazy when we're stuck standing around because people don't pay attention to when it's their turn to bowl. I was doing a slow burn all night.

    ReplyDelete