Sunday, March 21, 2010

Monte Carlo Night at Paddock Bowl - Part IV

We had a group of five out for Monte Carlo last night. Sharon Connally was back to strike some more gold. Olivia and her sister, Yolanda, came out. (Yolanda bowled with a broken foot -- what a trooper!) Yolanda had her daughter along, too but she couldn't bowl because you have to be at least age 18 for Monte Carlo. Even The Coach made it as he was able to pry himself away from the March Madness for a few hours.

We had plenty of money opportunities turn up and we hit some of them. However, there was no poker game this time. The man and woman who run the poker game weren't able to attend. I know Sharon had to be disappointed after winning the first two hands the last time she joined us.

Olivia won a certificate to bowl for free at next Saturday's Monte Carlo night (worth $14.50). I'm not sure how much money they won but Sharon and The Coach had some big scores. The Coach bowled 218 in the second game! Using a house ball, Yolanda broke 100 in one of the games. I took in $11.50 with two $3.00 shots, two $1.00 shots, and five money spares. If I hit all of my money shots, I think I'd have won over $20.00 but I choked on about half of them.

Sharon's ticket was drawn for a frame in which she would win $10.00 if she knocked down exactly 7 pins -- but she bowled a strike! (At least she still got $1.00 for it because it had a red headpin.) Yolanda and I had shots at $5.00 if we hit a spare but both of us bowled strikes, just like Sharon! How does that happen?

At the end of the night, we had three fun games under our belts and we won a little bit of our money back. I'm already looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment