Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Practice at Diablo Lanes

We went to Diablo Lanes in Concord tonight for a late practice. On Wednesdays after 9:00 it's $1.00 per game with a $7.00 cover charge.

Being thirty miles from home and lacking any place else to go, I headed to Concord right after work. The Coach caught up with me around 8:30. We watched some of the league bowlers while we waited for the clock to strike 9:00. One of them started a game with eleven strikes but hit only six on his twelfth shot for a score of 296. In his second game, he started with a spare and followed it with eleven strikes for a 290. In his third game, he scored only in the 230s. I don't know how I'd react if I ever bowled a three game series over 800. I've never even hit 700.

Olivia wasn't able to arrive by 9:00 so we got a late start. The Coach and I bowled a couple of games as we waited for Olivia to arrive. The conditions at Diablo were pretty good. We worked on our shots and put up some pretty good scores. I bowled six games which is the most I've bowled in a night in quite awhile. The Coach had enough after five and Olivia arrived in time for four.

With the delayed start, we were out later than we planned. Still, it was a good practice session and we may have to consider trying something like this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment